-
February 26th, 2005, 06:20 PM
#1
Inactive Member
If there are several bonding screws in a one piece device box, with several nmd90 cables in the same box I was always taught to run one wire under the bond screw and pigtail all the other bonding wires to it. Although I don't think this is a code requirement it ensures that the path to ground is always through copper.
A co-worker of mine, a recent transplant from Calgary uses all the bond screws in the box. If you had two cables in one box, there would be one bond wire under each screw.
As a matter of fact he even puts two wires
under each screw if required.
Apparently the company he used to work for did the all the time and have never had rejections I'm told. It seems legal.
Is this common practice? I have never run into this.
-
February 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I do it the way your friend from Calgary does it.
Here is what the CEC says -
10-808(2) Where more than one bonding conductor enters a box, all such conductors shall be in good electrical contact with each other by means of securing all bonding conductors under bonding screws, or by connecting them together with a solderless connector and connecting one conductor only to the box by a bonding screw- - -
Looks like we're both OK. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ed
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 26, 2005 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Electric Ed ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks